Wednesday, November 22, 2006

the stinging fly

i'm halfway through the 2006 short fiction collection of The Stinging Fly a really beautiful collection from Ireland, mostly featuring Irish writers - with a spattering of international writers - and i have to say it is a really wonderful collection. this is my first experience with this particular publication and i'm extremely impressed. i'll be trying to get in here. i feel it will be especially difficult since such a large percentage of the writers are Irish, but my name is Kelly so maybe they won't notice...

3 comments:

j.b said...

good luck Kelly!
i think you can do it. i felt the same way with my poetry, but then again my last name is irish.

your writing is good. and easily good enough. you know it, or else you wouldn't even try! :)

good luck and i look forward to seeing your name in The Stinging Fly one day. i plan on submitting more someday soon if only the motivation could strike me.

NinjasOfLoretto said...

i hear you on the motivation front my friend. i can't even drag my ass through the last chapter of my book. at this point i have to admit that i am totally avoiding it. fear of failure anyone? anyway. we'll do it. we always do. it just takes longer than we think.

thanks for the words of encouragement.

maybe we'll both get in there side by side :)

xo
k

j.b said...

that would be cool, huh?, being in the same issue of SF? one of your kickass stories snuggled right up next to one of my so-so poems...

motivation is a bitch, isn't she? but, you're right...we do get there eventually. enjoy the journey. :)